The classical theistic components of God, his characteristics of being all-loving, all-powerful and all-knowing don’t work very well together. This has been something which I have sought to elucidate over the years, so I thought I would compile a synopsis of where we are at with the idea of OmniGod, and what he has created. These are good arguments, I believe, and I would love to see my readers interact with them, and I would love to see theists of all natures take them to task to see if they stand up. Bookmark this page and return to it, if you will – there’s quite a lot here! I would like to see this as a growing compendium.
The Ontological Argument: God’s perfection and creation
- The Problem of Non-God Objects
- Argument Against a Perfect Being Creating the World
- God Cannot Be Perfect Because Perfect Does Not Make Sense
- The incompatibilities of God’s perfect nature. Or, he ain’t all that and a bag of chips.
- Can God find anything funny? Methinks God is not perfect.
God’s own free will
- God cannot act contrary to his own predictions and cannot know that he knows everything
- God cannot know he is omniscient
- Process Theism and Open Theism and worship-worthiness of God
God’s omniobenevolence – the Problem of Evil and God’s own morality
- God Loves Abortion!
- God lied or knowingly deceived
- God Loves Infant Death – How Most Souls in Heaven are Automatons
- God is a consequentialist
- Problem of Evil: Suffering Necessary for Good
- Why don’t all animals photosynthesise? (the Problem of Evil revisited)
- The Problem of evil and creating evil sentient beings
- Why Skeptical Theism Fails
- The Problem with Divine Command Theory #1
- Adam, Eve, Original Sin, Faulty Design and God’s Moral Culpability
- Guest Post: God’s Love Should Be Superior To Man’s
- Randal Rauser on failing to answer my problem of evil question
- Evidential Problem of Evil – A highbrow threesome?
- Lothar’s Son responds to our Google Hangout on the Problem of Evil
- OmniGod and the problem with age
- O Hail Ye, almighty loving God…
General articles about God’s attributes
- Catholic Encyclopedia critiqued: The Nature and Attributes of God (Pt 1)
- Valerie Tarico on God’s emotions in context
- On Human Emotions
- The Problem With Yahweh #1
- The Problem with Yahweh #2
- The Problem with Yahweh #3 (Reply to Jayman)
God and heaven
- God: JUST create heaven, for crying out loud
- Heaven and the Fine-Tuning Argument
- Heaven, hell, and philosophical zombies
- Free Will, the Problem of Evil and Heaven
- Questions to ask God #2 – Heaven
- Free Will, the Problem of Evil and Heaven and Christian commenters
God and hell (and some extras about Satan)
- Satan as God’s Management Executive
- Hell defeated, God creating this world defeated; Bradley vs William Lane Craig
- Hell ain’t nothing without Satan
- The Incoherence of Satan
- Questions to Ask God #1: Hell
- The Devil maligned?
And while you’re at it, you can check out my cumulative case against God book, The Little Book Of Unholy Questions, written as a series of direct questions to God, in sections, with introductions to each section.