As one man’s meat is another man’s poison, so one man’s blasphemy is another man’s reality check. And that goes for women, too.
All of us are atheists about a good many deities that other people once took seriously, and some deities that other people still take seriously. Some of us – like me – are atheists about all of them: all the imaginary friends, the demiurges, the sky fairies and angels and sons of god, plus the prophets and messiahs and glorious leaders who confidently claim to speak for them, or to have in themselves a hefty spark of divinity.
Today is Blasphemy Day; and so, in the spirit of the holiday, here are a few random blasphemies:
- Joseph Smith was talking through his hat.
- Jehovah has a dire case of Münchausen syndrome by proxy.
- It cost millions to keep Gandhi in poverty.
- Ishtar – what a slut.
- Mohammed liked little girls. Really really liked them.
- Zeus couldn’t keep his dick inside his chiton.
- L. Ron Hubbard badly needed a good editor.
- Mother Teresa grooved on other people’s suffering, also first-class travel.
- Napoleon lost whole armies on a repeating basis. Some military genius.
- Moses took forty years to find his way out of a fairly small wilderness.
Have a nice day.