If you haven’t seen Jesus Camp, you may find this video jaw droppingly odd. Heck, even if you have seen Jesus Camp, it’s likely you’ll still be amazed.
A couple thoughts come to mind as I watched it.
1. I’d never, ever, in a million years allow my child to take part in this.
2. This is a wonderful example of social pressure in action.
3. Check out some of the kids in the background. Some seem completely aware of the ruse. Others blatantly refuse to take part (yay for them).
4. I liked how some of the kids simply *had* to brush hair out of their face while under the “unction.” I noted a few others laying on the floor quietly watching the incredible spectacle unfold. Another kid appears to be taking a short nap.
5. The adult male in charge of this event is exceedingly creepy, targeting the kids who weren’t participating, seemingly trying to get them to act the way he wanted them to. He reminded me of a predatory hawk, circling his prey.
6. Ugh. Just, ugh.
Enjoy… I guess.