Is Islam threatening the world?
I recently wrote a piece, “I am Rationally Islamaphobic“, which set out why I think Islam is a problem, and is a worldview to worry about. Well, it seems like areas of the world are self destructing under its dogmatic extremes. We could argue about defining Islamic extremism, but there is something going wrong. Well, let’s look at what has happened over the last week:
- Voters fingers are cut off by the Taliban in Afghanistan
- ISIS have caused massive destabilisation in the Middle East. They are very extreme.
- ISIS have massacred mainly Shia soldiers in Iraq
- Hamas kidnaps teenagers
- Karachi airport attacked by Islamic militants
- Somali women imposed dress code or get whipped
- Islamist militants attack Kenyan coastal town
- Trojan Horse scandal of Islamic Conservatism found in UK state schools
Need I go on?
I don’t want to whip up irrational Islamaphobia, but I don’t want to allow a definite risk to world security go untouched in the name of liberal sensitivity.