Christianity is Not Great update
Below is the latest chapter outline for John Loftus’ new book Christianity is Not Great for which I am contributing a chapter on morality. I have finished it and it has now been sliced and diced for size (aah, the joy of editing).
Christianity is Not Great, edited by John W. Loftus
Introduction: An Overview of the Harms of Christian Faith.
Part One: Why Faith is Harmful:
1) The Failure of Christianity and Triumph of Reason, by Robert G. Ingersoll
2) The Folly of Faith: The Incompatibility of Science and Christianity, by Victor J. Stenger
3) Faith: From Moral Virtue to Unreliable Reasoning Process, by Peter Boghossian
Part Two: Political/Institutional Harms:
4) The Crusades and the Inquisition, by Jack David Eller
5) Pandemonium: The Barbaric Christian Witch Hunts, by John W. Loftus
6) Colonization and the Wholesale Destruction of Indigenous People Groups, by Jack David Eller
7) Christianity and the Rise of American Democracy, by Richard Carrier
8) The Ugly Truth: Christianity and Slavery, by John W. Loftus
Part Three: Scientific Harms:
11) The Dark Ages, by Richard Carrier.
12) The Gender Binary & LGBTI People: Religious Myth and Medical Malpractice, by Veronica Drantz.
13) Christianity Can Be Harmful To Your Health, by Harriet Hall.
14) The Christian Abuses of the Sanctity of Life, by Ronald A. Lindsay.
15) Christianity and the Environment, by William Patterson.
Part Four: Social & Moral Harms:
16) The Cultural Wars, by Ed Brayton.
17) The Harm of Christianity to Women, by Annie Laurie Gaylor.
18) Women of Color Beyond Faith, by Sikivu Hutchinson.
19) The Psychological Harms of Christianity, by Valerie Tarico and Marlene Winell.
20) Secular Sexuality: A Direct Challenge to Christianity, by Darrel W. Ray.
21) Abusive Pastors and Churches, by Nathan Phelps.
22) Christianity’s Lack of Concern for Animals, by John W. Loftus.
Part Five: Who’s to Judge and Correct Harms?
23) “Tu Quoque, Atheism?” – Our Right to Judge, by Jonathan MS Pearce.
24) Only Humans Can Solve Human Challenges, by James A. Lindsay.
25) Living Without God, by Russell Blackford.